Live in Victoria? We’ve got some good news for you. The Victorian Government’s solar rebates are back open.
Read on for our summary on how the rebates work and what’s available.
What’s on offer?
You can now get a discount on the cost of your solar power system up to $2,225*.
You also have the option of pairing this with an interest-free loan, equivalent to the amount of the rebate (up to $2,225). You then pay back this loan over a four-year period.
So how will the process work?
- Contact your chosen provider for a quote.
- The provider will then upload your quote to the Solar Victoria Portal, which will trigger the online process for your eligibility assessment.
- You’ll receive an email notification from Solar Victoria when your provider has submitted your quote to the program. All you’ll need to do then, is upload proof of income and a rates notice to confirm your eligibility for the rebate and loan.
- Once it’s confirmed you’re eligible, you can select whether you would like to take up the loan option as well. Once you’ve made your selection, your retailer will claim the rebate (and loan) on your behalf and deduct this amount from the total cost of your system.
Please note a total of 3333 rebates for rooftop solar panels will be available each month. Once these rebates are exhausted, you’ll need to wait until next month to apply for a rebate.
Am I eligible?
You’re eligible for the rebate if you meet the following criteria:
- have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per annum
- are an owner-occupier of a property valued at under $3,000,000
- you must not already have a solar PV system installed or have one that was installed before November 1, 2009
- choose a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product and use a CEC Approved Solar Retailer
- engage an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe prosecution in the past three years
- only be claiming one rebate per household