- Introduction to Battery Storage
- How does battery storage work?
- How much does battery storage cost?
- Are there any battery rebates available?
- Are batteries worth it?
- I already have solar - can I just add a battery?
- I don't have solar yet - should I get a battery now or later?
- Your Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Solar Battery
- Get a quote for battery storage
Battery storage, used to complement a solar power system, has existed for some time involving lead-acid batteries.
Despite lead-acid batteries being a good choice for off-grid situations, they are difficult to use in an urban setting, due to their large size, need for regular maintenance, and short life span (5 years).
But, thanks to the development of lithium ion batteries, a lot of these limitations have been overcome.
New lithium-ion batteries are lighter, low maintenance, don’t emit hydrogen gas and are guaranteed for up to ten years with a life expectancy of around 10 to 15 years.
They’ve also become more affordable and because of this, we’ve seen the number of batteries installed in Australia grow.