- Introduction to Battery Storage
- How does battery storage work?
- How much does battery storage cost?
- Are there any battery rebates available?
- Are batteries worth it?
- I already have solar - can I just add a battery?
- I don't have solar yet - should I get a battery now or later?
- Your Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Solar Battery
- Get a quote for battery storage
You can add a battery to any existing solar power system.
Batteries that are retrofitted are typically AC coupled. This means they’re connected directly into the 240V AC in the switchboard using an AC battery inverter.
If you installed your solar system several years ago, it’s likely that you will need to expand it. This is to ensure it generates enough power to charge the battery during the day.
Most homes will need a solar panel system of at least 5kW, though the exact size will depend on your usage.
Please note, if you currently receive a premium feed-in tariff, it is likely that you will forfeit this premium rate by adding more solar panels or installing a battery.