- Introduction to Battery Storage
- How does battery storage work?
- How much does battery storage cost?
- Are there any battery rebates available?
- Are batteries worth it?
- I already have solar - can I just add a battery?
- I don't have solar yet - should I get a battery now or later?
- Your Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Solar Battery
- Get a quote for battery storage
Last updated: August 2019
Batteries cost between $1,000 to $2,000 per kWh.
A typical household can expect to pay anywhere between $8,000 to $16,000 depending on the size and model.
Here are some examples of common batteries and approximate prices.
1.2kWh battery - $2000
8.8.kWh LG Chem RESU - $7855
13.5kWh Tesla Powerall 2 - $12,350
Please note, this is a rough guide. An installer will be able to accurately size and quote a system for you.