- Introduction to Battery Storage
- How does battery storage work?
- How much does battery storage cost?
- Are there any battery rebates available?
- Are batteries worth it?
- I already have solar - can I just add a battery?
- I don't have solar yet - should I get a battery now or later?
- Your Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Solar Battery
- Get a quote for battery storage
Last updated: April 2021
Batteries cost between $1,000 to $2,000 per kWh of storage capacity, after installation.
A typical household can expect to pay anywhere between $7,000 to $30,000 depending on the size of the battery and preferred model. That price does not factor in any rebates that may be available.
Here are some examples of common batteries and approximate prices.
1.2kWh battery - $2000
8.8.kWh LG Chem RESU - $10,000
13.5kWh Tesla Powerall 2 - $16,500-$18,000
4 kWh ($7,000) up to 24 kWh ($27,000).
Please note, this is a rough guide. An installer will be able to accurately size and quote a system for you.